My husband, Phillip, and I have been married since December 1995. I am a stay-at-home mom to our five children: Ellie, age 13; Kenny, age 12; Lindsey, age 10; Jessica, age 9; and Timothy, age 5. We live in Fort Worth, Texas where we are members of Fort Worth Presbyterian Church.
I graduated from Baylor University in 1993 with a University Scholar’s degree in foreign languages and from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1996 with a master’s degree in marriage and family counseling and a master’s in religious education. I enjoy family activities, studying biblical languages, writing, piano, racquetball, reading, and fitness.
Jesus saved me when I was a young child. At the time, my understanding of salvation was simplistic. I knew that I did bad things (sinned), and that I needed Jesus to save me if I wanted to be right with God. As I grew, I attended church regularly and read my Bible, seeking to know God better and learn more about Him. Throughout my life, God has responded by graciously expanding my understanding and “[growing me] in the knowledge of [my] Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ”. (2 Peter 3:18) I have not attained perfection, and I will not, in this lifetime. But I know that because of Christ’s merit, I will one day see God face-to-face in heaven. Alleluia!
- I believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- I believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Please Contact Me if you have any questions about my beliefs.